A one-stop-shop for all legal questions relevant to businesses:
Since 1997, the lawyers’ association MCW has been offering you a broad and complementary range of skills designed to cater for the key needs of businesses and their corporate executives.
Our lawyers, who are members of the Brussels bar, have expertise in practice areas that include the following:
- Commercial law;
- Corporate law;
- Law of associations (Non-Profit Associations (NPA) and International Non-Profit Associations (INPA in French)) and foundations;
- Labour and social security law;
- Construction law;
- Aeronautical law;
- Copyright law;
- Divestitures, mergers and acquisitions of companies;
- Real estate and administrative law;
- Law of robotics;
- Corporate tax law and tax law for individuals;
- Tax law and wealh management.
Thanks to their in-depth legal expertise and vast experience in these different legal areas, including in proceedings before the courts, the lawyers from MCW are here to assist businesses[ and their corporate executives, as well as private individuals. MCW handles matters with both a national and international dimension.
Reputed for its expertise, the lawyers’ association is keen to establish a direct relationship between its clients and the lawyers in charge of the files. As a matter of fact, our firm has the expertise to address all types of issues encountered by an undertaking, including incorporation, the acquisition or divestiture of a company, the recovery of a debt, management of a class action or the preparation of contracts or Non-Disclosure Agreements (NDA).
An international business law firm:
Files with an international dimension account for a significant share of our activities and, for the purposes of this work, we can draw on a network of foreign counterparts, who meet our requirements, in the form of the Concerto international network.
Our lawyers can thus rely on special contacts in the member countries of the Council of Europe or the Maghreb to assist them with their cases.
The history of a Brussels-based law firm
Incorporated in 1997, the lawyers’ association MCW has continuously built on its founding concept, which entails offering a set of reputed and expert skills in its various legal practice areas, thereby providing its clients with a one-stop-shop allowing for optimal management of all legal problems. Using their own respective specialisations, the lawyers from MCW work together to provide a specialist multi-disciplinary service, which is required to solve complex legal issues.
MCW is also a firm that has continually developed and updated its practices.
Having created the first online law firm www.onlinelawyers.be in 2016 as well as www.lawrenza.com, an artificial intelligence tool for legal specialists, the law firm MCW is recognised by its peers as one of the most innovative law firms and was among the final contenders for the innovation prize awarded by the incubator avocats.be in 2017 and 2018.
The lawyers’ association MCW is focused on these new working methods and new fields of expertise in order to be able to address the legal issues faced by their clients in an ever more relevant, exhaustive and effective manner.
Examples of cases or files handled by our lawyers:
- Negotiations relating to confidentiality agreements;
- Commercial contracts;
- Employment contracts;
- Psycho-social risks;
- GDPR analysis and practical recommendations;
- Debt recovery;
- Rental disputes;
- Appeals to the Conseil d’Etat (Belgian Council of State) within the framework of a major real estate project;
- Takeover of an industrial flagship;
- Drafting of shareholder agreements;
- Class actions in response to huge scams;
- Negotiations under confidential agreements;
- Rulings and tax agreements;
- Tax regularization;
- Tax declaration and inheritance declaration.